‘EDINA is working on a JISC-funded Scoping Study which is exploring what it means to have collections of metadata about images, films/videos and
sounds, and considering the benefits and challenges associated with such collections.’ See a one-page summary of the project
EDINA are seeking Further Education contacts for the information gathering stage, particularly those who:
* Use images, films/videos or sounds in learning, teaching or research,
* Own, curate or manage collections (large and small) that contain images, films/videos or sounds, especially museums, libraries, archives and university departments who hold images or multimedia resources,
* Work with metadata or collections of metadata in other areas, for example in document or learning repositories or archives,
* Might be interested in developing collections of metadata for images and time-based media, or
* Might be interested in in developing services using collections of metadata, or in using collections of metadata e.g. in research.
The survey is available here and should take between 10 and 25 minutes to complete.